Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sometimes we succeed! (:

So not all experiments end up like the bezel one!
Check out how bead weaving is going! (:

The following is based on a FREE pattern by Linda Genaw called superduo Flower Chain Bracelet. I highly recommend it. The instructions are very clear and the bracelet is very dainty but lovely. She also has a pattern for matching earrings.


I made two sets. One emerald superduo and one magic purple mixed with size 11/0 toho beads in bronze. You can see I haven't quite finished the second pair of earrings and bracelet but I am missing the right sized jump ring and clasp.


And I made more beaded beads. Some of these use my bead soup beads, but as you don't know what I am going to do with them, I think its okay to show them at this stage.




I am happy that I've actually made a few of these! Sometimes its hard for me to do the same thing over again! But it definitely goes a lot faster the second and third and forth time!

And finally I made a beaded bezel. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Maybe the wrong color choice???




Anyway, not all experiments turn out badly! (:

Oh, in case anyone is reading this! I'd like to make more of the wire wrapped pieces (see a few posts back)....but I need some medium sized flat oval or circle beads or horse eye beads that can fit a 20 gauge wire through them. I bought the above mother of pearl (shown with the beaded bezel) but unfortunately, it only fits a 24 gauge wire which is way too small for that process.  I'd say anywhere from about 15x20mm (appr) to 30x40mm.  If you have recommendations, let me know. 




1 comment:

  1. Your beadweaving looks like it's going really well! As for the bead holes, you can enlarge them with a bead reamer, or drill them out with a dremel.

    ReplyDelete