Sunday, January 26, 2014

Welcome...let's get this party started....I think

This is actually my second attempt at starting a blog. I think my problem with blogs is that I have a tendency towards introversion and a certain desire for privacy. Both of which are rather counter to the whole concept of a blog. (:

However, one of my artistic goals this year, is to participate in at least one blog hop. And guess what --- to do that you need a blog. (:

So --I'll try my best to tell you a bit about myself and a bit about my goals.

Me: Well, lets pretend for a minute we are in the game/site called "Second Life" ---now I've never actually been in Second Life (for fear of immense addiction) but I did see it demonstrated once and I think for my purposes it will serve ------ so, again pretend we are in Second Life. If I were to create a character that I think reflects me (well my fantasy of me) --- she would be an elf with purple eyes and dark hair and heck while we are at it, light teal skin. She would of course, be super tough with a tendency to wear clothes that a cross between steampunk and well, more practical garb. Boots definitely (butt kicking boots with a feminine flair --what the heck does that mean? I don't know...pretty but without high heels? Oh and good foot support) and pants that wore like jeans but looked like leather....and a jacket with a long tail and a short front because you know it just seems cool and edgy.   Okay, now that you've had a good chuckle...my real like self is a pale shadow of this ...jeans and boots...yes, elf-like...possibly. Purple eyes and teal skin....well that's perhaps a bit far fetched. I'm sure I don't qualify as super tough but we are all entitled to our fantasies.

Okay though...that's a bit of a fanciful start to this rather basic blog. My artistic goals. Sigh...I'm not sure I would go so far as to say that I'm an artist. I've had a few art quilts in shows, sold a few pieces of jewelry....but mostly I'm a fiddler. See I like to learn things. Lots and lots of things. And so I rarely take the time to get really, really, awesome good at anything. Is this is problem? Well I don't know. I've learned to quilt, art quilt, knit, kumihimo, bead embroidery, weaving, bead weaving, a tad bit of wirework and wire weaving, and at the moment I am enthralled with polymer clay.  

In the past, I've been happy to fiddle. Really. But this year...sigh. This year I want to somehow be more than I am. I don't really know how to explain this. See...I tend to come across as a sweet, nice, pleasant person (unless of course I haven't eaten breakfast or lunch...). But I feel like there must be more to me than that. Now you might say there is nothing wrong with being sweet and nice and pleasant...and well, you would be right. But the fiery, fierce, butt kicking boots wearing inner self is really rebelling. And art...art seems like a worthy outlet for some of this 'angst'...but I feel sort of stuck on how to express it.

So...I've come up with a few goals which I will talk about in my next blog post! (:










No comments:

Post a Comment